Garrett Magnascanner PD6500i – Multi Zone
GARRETT MAGNASCANNER PD6500I – MULTI ZONE
The PD 6500i is the world’s highest performing walk-through metal detector and leads the industry with superior pinpoint technology and unmatched discrimination features. Designed for maximum patron throughput without compromising security, the PD6500i is the walk-through of choice for security professionals worldwide.
Garrett Metal Detectors is the global leader of security walk-through and hand-held metal detection products and training. From the Olympic Games to U.S. and international airports, Garrett has the proven experience, expertise and reliable products you need to design the most effective security screening checkpoint for your unique application. Whether it’s one walk-through unit or a hundred, let Garrett Metal Detectors work with you to make your facility or event more secure.
- Easy Assembly: The PD 6500i’s modular design allows for a quick and simple assembly of its 4 (four) sub assemblies using only 8 (eight) screws and 3 (three) internal cable connections.
- Pinpoint Zone Detection: Garrett’s exclusive multiple target pinpointing with 33 distinct zones shows precise target location on the left, center and right side of the body from head to toe.
- Entry Pacing Lights: Smooth, efficient traffic flow with easy-to-view, eye-level pacing lights with international “wait” and “proceed” symbols on the entrance side of each panel.
- Floor Mounting Option: The PD 6500i can be mounted using the optional Adhesive Floor Mounting Kit (Figure 1), which can be used to protect valuable flooring surfaces while preventing unit movement.
The PD 6500i’s Access Control Panel is designed for use by authorized personnel with specific, multi-level security codes. It allows authorized users to change settings such as detection Program and Sensitivity. A tamper alarm sounds within 10 seconds after the Access Touchpad is pressed, unless a proper access code is entered.
The PD 6500i maintains all settings even when disconnected from power and does not require recalibration each time the unit is turned OFF and back ON. No battery is required for memory retention. While the unit is in operation, a self-test of all systems is performed continuously with any failures or problems immediately reported on the LCD display.
- Overhead Control Unit: LCD Display, alarm lights, LED bar graphs and control touchpads plus all wiring, connections and electronics are integrated into a single, lockable overhead compartment which eliminates exposure of wires and external control box.
- Multi-Dimensional Coil Design: The PD 6500i’s exclusive multi-dimensional coil design provides unmatched detection of potentially lethal metal items such as guns, knives and other flat and rod-shaped weapons regardless of location and orientation.
- Audible and Visual Alarms: Audible alarm and visual LED lights signal when a target has been detected.
- 33 Distinct Pinpoint Detection Zones: The PD 6500i offers exclusive multiple target pinpointing with 33 distinct zones for full target coverage on the left, center and right side of the body from head to toe.
- Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Based Technology: DSP provides greater sensitivity, noise immunity, discrimination, detection uniformity and overall product reliability.
- Battery Backup Module:Allows up to ten (10) hours of backup use. Charger included.
- Desktop Remote Control with Zone Indication: For remote operation of the PD 6500i from up to 50 feet (standard).
- Operational Test Piece (OTP): Designed to FAA 3-gun test requirements.
- Flat Test Piece (FTP: Designed to represent a small knife or box cutter.
- Removable MagnaDolly: Removable wheel assembly for easy portability. Permanent MagnaDolly—Permanently fastens to the PD 6500i for easy portability.
- Control Monitor Analyzer (CMA): The CMA Interface Module is used with a 10baseT network and a personal computer. It allows control, real time monitoring and diagnostics from a remote location. The internal memory records all changes to settings and passenger traffic and alarm history for analytical evaluation.
- Adhesive Floor Mount Kit: 4 included.
- 10 ft. Cord Jumper: Allows multiple PD 6500i units, in close proximity, to be linked to the same power source.
- 33 Pinpoint Zones to precisely identify multiple target locations from head to toe on the left, center and right sides of the body.
- Dual Detection: with transmitters and receivers in each panel, the PD 6500i is like having two detectors in one. By scanning from both sides, the PD 6500i provides superior detection, uniformity and performance.
- Advanced Broadband Detection Technology provides superior target analysis, ferrous and non-ferrous weapons detection, discrimination and higher patron throughput.
- Meets TSA, European Airports and other international security standards.
- Superior Versatility: settings designed for airports, courthouses, prisons, schools, facilities, special events, mass transit, loss prevention and many other applications.
- Optional Accessories provide net-working, remote control, monitoring, and data analysis.
- Meets IP55 Standards for water and foreign matter protection.
|Operating Temperatures:||-4°F (-20°C) to + 158°F (70°C); Humidity: To 95% noncondensing.|
|Power:||Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 55 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments required.|
|Weatherproofing / Foreign Object Protection Standards:||Meets IP 55, IEC Standard. “Degrees of Protection provided by Enclo- sures,” IEC 529.|
|Target Pinpointing Lights:||Thirty-three (33) distinct zones are displayed with two (2) independent columns of LEDs located on exit side of PD 6500i.|
|Programs:||Eighteen (18) independent programs designed to meet all installation-specific requirements including ECAC requirements for European airports and TSA requirements for U.S. airports.|
|Multi-Unit and Multi-Brand Compatability:||2,300 selectable operating frequencies and multiple channels allow the PD 6500i to operate in close proximity to other PD 6500is as well as with non-Garrett walk-throughs.|
|Interference Suppression:||Advanced analog and digital filtering—as well as adjustable operating frequencies—eliminate the potential effects from x-ray units, radios and other electrical interference sources.|
|Traffic Counter:||Counter tracks the number of patrons that have passed through the detector, the number of alarms and calculates alarm percentage.|
|Random Alarm Feature:||Provides ability to randomly alarm on a selected percentage of non-alarming persons; adjustable from 0 to 50 percent.|
|Alarms:||Audible tone and volume adjustable. Bright LED visual alarm.|
|Pacing Lights:||International symbols located at entrance.|
|Tamper-Proof:||All settings are secured with a key lock and two levels of access codes. Further security is accomplished with a cabinet lock which prevents unauthorized access to physical cables, connectors and electronics.|
|Control Outputs:||Solid state switches (low voltage AC or DC) for operating external alarms and control devices.|
|Construction:||Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate. Detection Heads and Support: Heavy duty aluminum.|
|Warranty:||24 months, parts and labor|
The PD 6500i is certified to meet Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements for U.S. airports and ECAC requirements for European airports.
Meets Electrical Safety and Compatibility Requirements for CE, FCC, CSA, IEC (CB certification), ICNIRP and IEEE.
The PD 6500i meets U.S. and International regulatory requirements for electromagnetic safety. Extensive research has found no information that would indicate Garrett products have adverse effects on pregnancy, medical devices (such as pacemakers) or magnetic recording media.
However, directives by physicians and medical device manufacturers regarding metal detectors should be followed.
|Current Stock Availability||Please check stock prior to purchase|
|Brand||Garrett Metal Detectors|
E&OE Notice | Stock Availability, Pricing and Product Information
While we strive to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information (including, without limitation, images, information related to text, pricing, availability, product descriptions and package contents) at any time without notice (Including: after you submitted your order; confirmation was received; and payment has been made). In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, we shall have the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse and cancel any orders. Cancelled orders already paid for will be refunded to you in full.